“Telehealth Platform, The Next Generations Inevitable Seismic Change”
There was a time when the patient had to visit the doctor in person at a facility for their health issues. But today, due to a drastic change in the current economic situation, there has become a need for a new digital technology named ‘telehealth or telemedicine chat app’ that treats the patients virtually via computers and smartphones.
Now, you might be thinking, what is telemedicine or telehealth all about?
Well, they are the new telehealth benefits and challenges in digital technology in telehealth that has introduced the best healthcare messaging app which allows the patient to get delivered with the health care services at a distance through the use of technology. This telehealth doctor app includes everything from setting an appointment over the mobile, to monitoring a patient’s vital signs remotely, till giving the prescription.
Now, let’s have a look at some of the top advantages of tele applications and know why it is much beneficial when compared to visiting the doctors in person.
- Top Benefits of Telehealth Communication Device
- 1. Improved Technology on Health Business Model to Benefit the Telehealth Industry
- 2. Boost Patient Engagement at Remote Monitoring of Telehealth Benefits
- 3. Time to Expand Accessibility to Care & Reach More Patients for Telehealth Benefits and Challenges
- 4. Improve Clinical Workflows to the Benefits of Telehealth for Doctors
- 5. Improves Practice Revenue to New Telehealth Benefits
- 6. Reduces Overhead Practices for Additional Telehealth Benefits
- 7. Cost-cutting in Telehealth Benefits for Patients Expenses
- 8. Improve Healthcare’s Quality and Know How Telehealth Benefit Patients and Providers
- 9. Exploring the Benefits and Challenges of Telehealth Which Reduces No-show Scenario by Improving Patient Follow up
- 10. High-end Patients Satisfied Ratio that Benefits Telehealth Services
- Comparative Growing Rate of Telehealth Apps and Its Challenges
- Usage of Telehealth App: How and Why? What are the telehealth benefits and challenges
- Recommended Reading
Top Benefits of Telehealth Communication Device
“Innovative idea for a better future in Healthcare”
As we all know that the benefits of telehealth apps are revolutionizing the healthcare industry by increasing its accessibility via video, chat and voice communication. The telemedicine definition in healthcare is mainly meant for patients in remote locations where even there are no primary care centers as well as no doctors to treat patients comes with hipaa compliant chat api.
These telehealth technology have been found to benefit the doctor patient communication in several ways. That includes:
1. Improved Technology on Health Business Model to Benefit the Telehealth Industry
Telehealth app is a new trend in healthcare business models that provides customer-based care. As per an article in mHealthIntelligence, now the specialist prefers to launch their own telehealth platform to consumers, by offering their services online just like in the case of bankers, real estate agents, and other business persons.
Moreover, with telehealth services now the healthcare industry can also extend their regular patient count by extending their consultation hours. This eventually creates a new and more trendy model for their patients with virtual health providers.
2. Boost Patient Engagement at Remote Monitoring of Telehealth Benefits
Today where healthcare’s are leading the hospitals and health systems as a value-based reimbursement service, they have introduced new ways for telehealth providers to interact with their patients. This mainly targets those patients that are at the remote location.
Meanwhile, the current pandemic situation has added up an advantage to the stage where these telehealth companies have started this as an opportunity to improve the patient engagement. Today, the doctor is treating the patient via telehealth technology platform maintaining the patient metrics from the patient’s comfort being at home.
3. Time to Expand Accessibility to Care & Reach More Patients for Telehealth Benefits and Challenges
Most of the time it happens that there is a great shortage of physicians in remote locations. Thus, there arises a need for technology which covers-up the need for telehealth.
Telehealth app can be used to reach out rural patients and even to the ones that are outside the normal care delivery system. It has literally stretched our provider networks across the world wherein the doctors can reach the patient in several and expand their access to care.
4. Improve Clinical Workflows to the Benefits of Telehealth for Doctors
Generally, telehealth benefits can have a great impact over the clinical workflow efficiency.
When it comes to doctors and technology, it improves the level of communication with the patient by having all their medical records captured and stored for better medical decisions that need to be made by the doctors whenever required.
As per The Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) reports, the features of telemedicine perform the best practices in the nation and their tools can facilitate the performance by improving the patient satisfaction scores.
5. Improves Practice Revenue to New Telehealth Benefits
Well, when it comes to better health with telemedicine apps, it follows the protocol, ‘treating more patients in less time’ as a result there will be an increase in telehealth practice revenue.
To be more precise we can say that telehealth app cuts down on no-show criteria by improving the efficiency of a practice. It eventually grabs the patient’s attention with its new model of care.
6. Reduces Overhead Practices for Additional Telehealth Benefits
As these telehealth apps are provided by the hospitals to the patients based on monthly subscription, its cost would be comparatively less expensive than telemedicine video consultation software that is used for doctor-patient communication.
It has been found that normally, if ever the patient visits a hospital, the average cost of an emergency room will be around $1,734 and the average cost of an on-site doctor office visit would be $146. Whereas, with a telehealth app the average cost will be around $79 only. As per The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), the patient can save around $86.64 every time on online visit instead of onsite visit.
7. Cost-cutting in Telehealth Benefits for Patients Expenses
Mostly, patients spend a lot of money seeking healthcare that not only includes the doctor visit but traveling cost, childcare, parking, etc. So, when the patient makes use of these telehealth apps, they don’t have to visit the doctor in person, instead they can consult the doctor on their phone, laptop or mobile device.
As per Oregon Health and Science university, they have saved $6.4 million over their patients traveling cost by implementing the best telemedicine platform. In one of the UPMC patient surveys, about 40% of their patients stated that if they did not get access to a virtual visit to a doctor, they would simply skip the treatment as they cannot afford the travelling expenses to visit the facilities.
8. Improve Healthcare’s Quality and Know How Telehealth Benefit Patients and Providers
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) says that telehealth has made a great contribution in improving healthcare quality. This is so as modern technology is capable of providing the service delivery as well as treatment in any acute conditions.
Not only this, telehealth also omits the unrequired ER visits by improving the convenience in receiving treatment without traveling.
9. Exploring the Benefits and Challenges of Telehealth Which Reduces No-show Scenario by Improving Patient Follow up
Well, as we all know that no-show is a concept where the patient fails to show up in their scheduled appointment or cancel it at the last minute, affecting the regular patient’s follow-up visits. But today this has become an issue with rural patients.
In this year’s recent report, Becker’s stated a case study on a Nebraska Children’s Hospital which is wedging with regular no-show issues, since, here the rural patients stated that they drove from many miles to receive the care which is not that convenient all the time. Therefore, no-show has become a remarkable revenue cost center for the organizations where the quality of care was being compromised, specifically on follow-up visits.
But, when this situation is handled via a telehealth app by extending the treatment, the chances of no-show has been found to be reduced by 50%.
10. High-end Patients Satisfied Ratio that Benefits Telehealth Services
For any telehealth apps to be successful, patient satisfaction is the key performance indicator and that’s what is the case even here. It has been found that by increasing the use of technology in healthcare, today about 87% of patients are using telehealth apps, and want to use it again and again. In one of the patient survey reports the nationwide chain of CVS Minute Clinics reported patient satisfaction score to be up to 99% with telehealth app visits.
Comparative Growing Rate of Telehealth Apps and Its Challenges
- It has been found that just five years ago, the use of telehealth apps was about 3,50,000 and by the end of 2018, it has been improved to seven million Americans.
- A recent research report on the Global telemedicine market has been valued at $27.04 Billion in 2019 and is expected to reach $171.81 Billion by 2026 with the CAGR of 37.2% over the predicted period.
Now, let’s see why and how to use telehealth apps
Usage of Telehealth App: How and Why? What are the telehealth benefits and challenges
However, the above section has explained much more about the benefits of telehealth apps in the current healthcare situation where everybody has become known as to why telehealth app need to be a part of the patients health care.
In simple words, I can say that these telehealth apps are very convenient to use just by downloading them onto a computer, laptop or mobile device.